Translate

Monday 5 May 2014

I Love A Bank Holiday

Hello all!

I trust you're all doing well. You are? Good, that's what I like to hear.

I met up with some old university friends yesterday. Although we 'speak' on Facebook all the time. it's been about 9 years since we were all in the same room as each other. I say room, we spent the afternoon in a lovely pub garden in Salisbury, Wiltshire, just down the road from me.

We're all aspiring and frustrated authors and it was fun to share stories of our attempts at creating something. They're all well aware of my sideline in erotica and are very supportive. I was even given some free story ideas from the girlfriend of one of my old classmates. She used to work on a phone sex line when she was a student in the late 90s. Just when I thought I'd heard every fetish known to man, she surprised me with many more! Suffice to say, I'll be incorporating them in some upcoming stories ;-)

So far May has been a pleasing month, sales-wise. I know we're only 5 days into the month but I've had at least 1 sale every day so far. Considering April was a very lean month for me (only 2 sales...) this is very encouraging.

Despite this, I learned the hard way that customers can actually get refunds on Amazon ebooks if they request them within 7 days of purchase. I'm all for giving refunds on products that aren't up to scratch or what you expected, but it seems like you could probably read the entire works of Shakespeare in that time if you really put your mind to it. What's to stop you treating ebook purchases like a lending library?

Anyway, I shouldn't rant. I'm in a happy place right now. I'm not even going to try flogging you any of my existing stories. You should all know what they are and where to get them by now.

Stay rested!

ZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment